EPF e-nomination also ensures insurance of up to Rs 7 lakh for eligible family members under the Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI).
One should file an e-nomination for online payment of PF and pension (EPS).
Employees Provident Fund (EPF) members must file e-nomination through UAN allotted by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), to ensure social security for their family members or nominees.
One should file an e-Nomination for online payment of PF and pension (EPS).
It also ensures insurance of up to Rs 7 lakh for eligible family members under the Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI).
One can update in nomination as per requirements. It will be necessary after marriage.
Self-declaration is sufficient. No documentation or approval is required from employers.
File e-Nomination today online through UAN, to ensure #SocialSecurity for your family/nominee.
— EPFO (@socialepfo) February 28, 2022
HOW TO FILE EPF NOMINATION ONLINE
- You need to visit the EPFO website – https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- Go to the ‘Services’ section, and click on ‘For Employees’. You will be redirected to another page.
- Then you need to click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service’.
- You need to log in with ‘UAN and Password’.
- You need to select ‘e-Nomination’ under ‘Manage Tab’.
- “Provide Details’ tab will appear on screen and you need to click on ‘Save’.
- Click ‘yes’ to update family declaration.
- One can add more than one nominee by clicking ‘Add family details’.
- Click on ‘Nomination Details’ to declare total amount of share. You need to click on ‘Save EPF Nomination’.
- You need to click ‘E-sign’ to generate OTP. Submit ‘OTP’ sent to a mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- The e-nomination is now registered with EPFO. After e-nomination, no further physical documents are required.
- Also, one can make online claims.
— EPFO (@socialepfo) December 28, 2021
PF members must note that EPFO never asks its members to share their personal details like Aadhaar, PAN, UAN, Bank Account or OTP over the phone or on social media.